On removal of the old bathroom suite and carpet this uncovered many more problems than was first seen. The carpet was laid on top of tiles which was laid on top of rotten ply wood rotten floorboards and very badly rotted joists. The floor was totally removed and new joists fitted with existing joists being treated to stop any further rot. New chipboard flooring was laid before the finished non slip safety vinyl was installed creating a wet floor.
- Old bath created a hazard to the customer as it was difficult to get in/out of.
- Customer had to use height adjustment aid to use old toilet due to being too low.
- Old rotten joists and flooring was replaced strengthening the floor.
- Old tiling where previous attempts at fixing were visible, was replaced with maintenance free wet wall boarding.
- Old bathroom carpet was replaced with non-slip vinyl wet floor with floor drain removing any hazard for the customer.
- New raised height toilet pan with drop down rail removes the need for a height adjuster aid.
- New thermostatic electric shower with anti-scald protection.
- Shower seat to allow customer to sit while showering.
- Additional grab rails to shower area for a safe and convenient shower.
- Half height bi-fold shower screen with shower curtain allows the customer more space when shower not in use.